jury & speakers
- Shawn Allen, Design Director, Stamen
- DJ Patil, Chief Product Officer, Color
- Eva Ho, VP Marketing & Operations, Factual
- Benjamin Wiederkehr, Managing Director, Interactive Things
- Joris Maltha, Catalogtree
- Thomas Castro, Lust
- Sha Hwang, Design Technologist, Trulia
- Mike Bostock, Visualization Scientist, Square
- Jeffrey Heer, Assistant Professor, Stanford Universtiy
- Jans Aasman, CEO, Franz inc.
Take a look at the judging rules here.
Benjamin Wiederkehr, Interactive Things, Zurich, Switzerland
Interactive Things is an user experience design studio established in 2010 by Benjamin Wiederkehr, Christian Siegrist and Jeremy Stucki. The Zurich based team designs interactive products and information visualizations in the areas of education, finance, communication and publishing among others. On Datavisualization.ch, they provide insight into their working process as well as document research findings and topical use cases in the field of data visualization.
Thomas Castro, LUST, The Hague, The Netherlands
LUST is a graphic and interactive design practice established in 1996 by Thomas Castro, Jeroen Barendse, and Dimitri Nieuwenhuizen and based in The Hague (NL). LUST projects are centered around the exploration of new pathways for design at the cutting edge where new media and information technologies, architecture and urban systems, and graphic design and typography overlap. In 2010, LUST founded LUSTlab as a research laboratory for media and technology, to develop new communication tools, man-machine installations and physical products using digital content.
Catalogtree is a multidisciplinary design studio founded in 2001 by Daniel Gross and Joris Maltha. The studio works continuously on commissioned and self initiated design projects. The studios’ guiding design tactic is FORM = BEHAVIOUR. Typography, generative graphic design and the visualisation of quantitative data are daily routines. Other recent endeavours include: D.I.Y. structured-light 3D-scanning, Bristle bot development and the visualisation of financial tick-data
Additionally, we are excited to present you these side demos during the weekend
(view the schedule here):
- Workshop: DJ Patil, Color.
- Workshop: Code your first Gephi Plug-In (Mathieu Bastian, LinkedIn).
- Workshop: The Visualization Lifecycle (Raffael Marty, PixlCloud).
- Talk: Maria Guidice, CEO of Hot Studio, on Data Visualization.
- UX Clinic (Dani Malik, Hot Studio).